NPS-X-5A Ultra Compact 5 Micron Stage
The NPS-X-5A Ultra Compact 5 Micron Stage, the world’s smallest closed loop Nanopositioning stage specifically designed for high speed, ultra precision positioning of small payloads.
Originally developed for MR head and disk drive testing, It's small size and millisecond response time make it ideal for applications where high reliability and throughput are essential. A low moving mass and high stiffness combine to offer extremely high bandwidth. It is believed to be the world’s smallest commercially available closed loop positioning stage.
The internal capacitive sensor design provides the sub-nanometer displacement measurement and closed-loop feedback over a range in excess of 6 microns. Flexure guidance offers high purity of motion, with parasitic motion reduced to less than 5 microradians. Combined with Queensgate’s digital closed-loop controllers, the NPS-X-5A can achieve sub-millisecond response and settle times.
- > 5 micrometer travel with sub-nanometer resolution
- First resonant frequency > 8 KHz
- Sub-millisecond response time with a load of 5 g
- In-situ scanning and stepping response optimization
- Robust and reliable for production test
- Plug and play facilities for low down-time
- MR head and disk drive testing
- NPC-A-1110DS Analogue
- NPC-D-5110DS Digital